Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fire Alarms and Noodle Soup





Woke up about an hour after my last blog to a fire alarm blaring into my head...directly above MY bed. I was still half asleep and for some reason thought that unbelievable noise was coming from my cell phone, so I started rummaging through all my luggage trying to find the phone...or the banshee, whichever. I finally stood up on my bed and realized that it was the alarm making the noise. We threw some clothes on, and I had just opened the door to start walking outside when it turned off. So that was my night, and I can safely say I slept beautifully and peacefully for the rest of the night. I guess this is just another chestnut to emphasize my wild and wacky expedition.



It was absolutely beautiful this morning. We woke up around 6:30 and wasted time in bed for about another hour. Hailey was feeling nauseous, so she didn't want to leave the room, so Abby and I went out around 8 to scrounge for breakfast and run some errands. We found a great little hole in the wall cafe just across the street where we could sit down with a nice view of the bustling street outside. I ordered a delightful croissant with jarlsburg and loaded with bacon, all for a reasonable 3,75 (that's pounds by the way, so it was around 7 bucks. From there we roamed around various areas of town for about 2 hours trying to find this bank that Abby needed to find for free transactions. Two hotel managers and two cops later, we finally found it, and also a post office where I could exchange dollars for pounds for free. Our last stop was the local Sainsbury (the Scotland Safeway) for some noodle soup, pellegrino and Scottish Gatorade for Hailey. She's feeling better :) and so am I.

1 comment:

  1. The 3 of you are living a dream!!! I hope you all have the time of your life in Scottland!!!

    ReplyDelete